20 Sep Open call for School Fellowships
YOUR VOICE MATTERS: open call for school fellowships on youth participation in school management
If you are a student between the ages of 13 and 15 and want to actively participate in school management at your school, the BePart initiative welcomes you to apply for a school fellowship!
How can you participate? What will be your responsibilities?
- You will need to implement two Models of Youth Participation selected from the MYP Handbook during the school year 2021/2022.
- You will work directly with an assigned teacher and with other seven colleagues and together, as group work, will have a voice in the process of decision-making and express your views in the promotion and improvements of issues that concern all students, such as:
- The academic school project, its goals and procedures;
- The establishment of policies and rules that organize the school functioning;
- School performance evaluation;
- School’s conflicts resolution strategies;
- For that, the group work (8 students) will meet regularly with the school management team to receive the demands or requests of the classes or to discuss the functioning and management of the school.
What will you benefit from it?
You will have the opportunity to:
- Have power in the decision-making of issues that affects you in your school;
- Contribute to a European project focused on Youth-led Participation;
- Work together with teachers;
- Share your experience with other students.
How do you join?
You can register directly with a teacher of one of these schools (if you are a student there):
- Escola Secundária de Paços de Ferreira
- 2o Gymnasio Geraka
- Valmiera Pargauja Primary School
- Escola Virolai
You have until the 10th of October to apply.